Do you fashion yourself a budding writer? Perhaps you know you are pretty creative with a pen and would love a chance to show it and win some money too? Well, your chance is here.
RewaredEssays.com is sponsoring a scholarship essay contest, open to all high school students from anywhere in the world. This is your chance to fashion a creative, engaging essay that will grab the judges’ attention and perhaps end up with an award.
And here are all the details.
A Double Win Possibility
Let’s talk prizes. When you enter our essay writing contest, here is what will happen:
- First, you will receive money toward your future education.
- Second, you will be entering a chance to win cash prizes
First Place: $500
Second Place: $350
Third Place: $150
Here are some “housekeeping” details you need to know:
- Deadline: October 20, 2017
- Judges: A panel of our editors and writers
- Language: Essays must be written in English
- Length: Essays should be 700-900 words
- Format: .doc, .rtf, .docx, or .odt files
- Where to Submit: Send your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line, “Essay Contest.”
- Be certain that your contact information (name, email address, and phone) are provided on a separate page.
You might be also interested in: Guide on How to Write a Scholarship Essay
Important Evaluation Criteria
So that you are have a clear idea of what the judges are looking for, here are some additional criteria to keep in mind.
- Obviously, plagiarism will automatically dis-qualify any entry. Essays will be scanned for plagiarism, so be careful. If you supply quotes from anywhere or anyone, be certain that you cite them properly.
- Judges are looking for a creative approach to the essay prompts. Do some serious brainstorming and pre-planning before you write.
- Be certain that, when you select an essay prompt, you clearly understand it and stick to the topic.
- If you include images, be certain that you have the authority to use them.
- Absolutely no grammatical or mechanical errors should appear in your essay. Student should take the time to review and edit many times, so that their essays are fully polished.
Choose one of the following prompts for your essay.
- What life skills can students master while in college? Which three are the most important and why?
- What do you see as the most pressing social issue we face? Why is it the most pressing?
- Who inspires you? Why?
- Provide three life goals you believe will be more achievable by obtaining your college degree.
Time to Get Busy
If you have never participated in an essay contest for high school students, consider this: What do you have to lose other than some time? If nothing else, you will receive money toward a future education. The other benefit, even if you do not win? You have gained great experience and perhaps will be better prepared for an essay contest for college students.